Your cart is empty.
Xylitol is a sugar substitute used in a variety of foods, including some of dogs' favorite treats like peanut butter. Xylitol is much more toxic to dogs than chocolate. This is because it doesn't take much to cause damage. “It is estimated that as little as 3 grams, roughly the amount found in 8 to 10 pieces of some gum , can kill a 65-pound dog. You'd likely need far less for smaller lap dogs.”
Within hours of consuming, often 30 minutes or less, dogs can experience “a dramatic surge in insulin, resulting in a precipitous drop in blood sugar levels. The result can be weakness, lethargy, seizures and collapse. Without immediate treatment, brain trauma can result in death.”
Before giving any foods to your dog, read the labels and keep any products with Xylitol away from your beloved pet. If you do believe they have gotten a hold of anything with Xylitol, contact your vet immediately or call the 24/7 Animal Poison Control Center at 1-855-764-7661.