The Dog Silencer is dead and that dog is barking up a storm! It doesn't activate; it's just plain not working.
Before holding a funeral, let's do a bit of testing. It's quick and easy. First, grab the Dog Silencer, batteries, and the AC adapter.
- Using the AC adapter, power the Dog Silencer. (Remove all batteries.)
- Turn the switch to the “Ultra” sound setting.
- Raise the sensitivity dial for bark detection up high towards the + sign.
- Place the Dog Silencer down, so you are not touching it. If the green light flashes, great! It's getting power. Wait for approximately 5 seconds until the green light stops flashing. Move on to step 5.
- Clap at least 4 times loudly in front of the Dog Silencer to simulate barking. Does the green light flash? If so, your device is working.
Tip: Use clapping to test versus just the remote control.
- If the lights do not flash, repeat the steps, but remove the AC adapter and use batteries to power it. (The Dog Silencer/MAX uses six “AA” batteries while the Dog Silencer Pro uses one 9v battery.)
If the Dog Silencer works with batteries, but it doesn't work with AC adapter, then the AC adapter is most likely the culprit. (It may be covered by a Manufacturer's Warranty, so contact us to see.)
If the Dog Silencer isn't working on batteries or the AC adapter, I'm sorry for your loss, but we may be able to fix that. The Dog Silencer (and its older model, the Dog Silencer Pro) come with a Manufacturer's Warranty. Give us a call for help with a replacement at 800-657-8214!
Another Satisfied Customer
The Shocking Truth About Shock Collars
3 Ways Dog Barking Can Ruin Your Day
Dog barking in the middle of the night can ruin your day. Studies show that If you don't get enough sleep you might be feeling ruff the next day. The 3:00am wake up call It's the middle of the night and bark, bark, bark your neighbor's dog is at it again. Has this happened to you? If the answer is yes, you know how frustrating it can be to repeatedly not get a good night's sleep because your neighbor's are rude or just they don't get it. What can you do to stop the dog barking? Wish you could just...
You love your dog. The constant barking, not so much...
No matter how much you love your dog. It can be frustrating when they bark at each and every little sound or passerby. The Dog Silencer® is a safe, humane and effective way to automatically train your dog to stop barking. How's it work? When the Dog Silencer detects barking it immediately sends a high-pitched sound heard only by them. This sound is designed to simply “irritate” your dog. We compare it to someone dragging their fingernails on a black board. Any dog that's within hearing range of the Dog Silencer will hear the bark deterring sound. Using this proven...
Q&A: Will BarkWise Collars Fit My Small, 5-Pound Dog?
Q: Will the collars be too big for my small 5-pound dog? A: The BarkWise collars fit dogs that are 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes ranging from 6–24″. They are lightweight at only 2 ounces, but for a small 5-pound dog, they have proven to be too big. That doesn't mean that we don't have a solution for you! The Dog Silencer and OnGuard do not require that your dog wear a collar, so it works for any dogs – no matter how small! The Dog Silencer® is a stationary device. Place it in the same room –...