The Dog Silencer is dead and that dog is barking up a storm! It doesn't activate; it's just plain not working.
Before holding a funeral, let's do a bit of testing. It's quick and easy. First, grab the Dog Silencer, batteries, and the AC adapter.
- Using the AC adapter, power the Dog Silencer. (Remove all batteries.)
- Turn the switch to the “Ultra” sound setting.
- Raise the sensitivity dial for bark detection up high towards the + sign.
- Place the Dog Silencer down, so you are not touching it. If the green light flashes, great! It's getting power. Wait for approximately 5 seconds until the green light stops flashing. Move on to step 5.
- Clap at least 4 times loudly in front of the Dog Silencer to simulate barking. Does the green light flash? If so, your device is working.
Tip: Use clapping to test versus just the remote control.
- If the lights do not flash, repeat the steps, but remove the AC adapter and use batteries to power it. (The Dog Silencer/MAX uses six “AA” batteries while the Dog Silencer Pro uses one 9v battery.)
If the Dog Silencer works with batteries, but it doesn't work with AC adapter, then the AC adapter is most likely the culprit. (It may be covered by a Manufacturer's Warranty, so contact us to see.)
If the Dog Silencer isn't working on batteries or the AC adapter, I'm sorry for your loss, but we may be able to fix that. The Dog Silencer (and its older model, the Bark Control Pro™) come with a Manufacturer's Warranty. Give us a call for help with a replacement at 1-800-657-8214 !
Summer Safety Tips for Your DogHere are some reminders and tips on how to keep your beloved fur baby safe this Summer.
What's That Dial!?Often mistaken for a volume dial, the customer gets the unit home and cranks it all the way up hoping to silence the dog's barking for good. But by turning the dial all the way up they are unknowingly causing more harm than good.
Too Much Whining While Dining?When you need a quiet, yet commanding approach to training against unwanted behaviors, theres OnGuard™. This handheld trainer utilizes silent ultrasonic sound that will deter your dog without putting your family on blast.
What will ultrasonic sound go through?
We are often asked if ultrasonic sound will go through walls or fences. Keep reading to find out, and to learn how to get the most out of your dog-silencing devices like the Dog Silencer MAX. What is ultrasonic sound? Ultrasonic sound refers to any sound frequency above the range of normal human hearing. Although it is nonharmful, dogs can hear this sound and find it irritating. This makes it a good deterrent for bad behavior such as nuisance barking. When used properly, ultrasonic sound can be a powerful training device! What will ultrasonic sound go through? Think of it...
Dog Silencer Featured on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TXOriginally aired on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TX, this tells the story of a local resident's challenges with the constant barking of her neighbor's dog.